Monday, December 21, 2009

Merry Wall Hanging Tutorial

Hello friends,
Today I want to share a little merry wall hanging tutorial with you.

First start by printing this sweet image and cutting out the girl.

As my background I used this Merry bingo card. These bingo cards are by Jenni Bowlin and they come in large cards or packs of small cards. The Merry card I am using is 5 x 7.

I then took this pink wavy patterned paper from Cosmo Cricket's Jolly by Golly paper line and cut a section of it out to go across the card.

I then took a sheet of vintage song sheet music and turned it to the back and hand drew several holly leaves.



I cut them out in both the song sheet and pink cardstock.




I also took a regular size hole punch and punched a sheet of red cardstock to make 3 circles that will be my holly berries.



I then took a red ink pad and ran it across the edges of my leaves.



I then cut a sheet of red patterned paper 5 1/2 x 7 1/2 as my background. I then glued the bingo card to that and then glued my piece of pink paper to the middle.




I then glued the 3 holly leaves to the bottom corner. Slightly overlapping each one.



I then added the 3 holly berries.

I cut a Christmas tree from green patterned paper but you could also find a picture of a tree to print on the internet if you'd rather.


I glued them in the middle of the bingo card. Laying the girls hand on the tree and the other looking like she is hanging an ornament that is an adhesive jewel.


I then punched holes in the top corners.


I pulled through ribbon and knotted on both sides.



And it's done! I hope you enjoyed this super easy project!

Please come back tomorrow for another super easy last minute tutorial!
Lindsey

22 comments:

Hearts Turned said...

I REALLY love this, Lindsey! You do such lovely tutorials--thank-you for sharing what you do!

Need to get some of those bingo cards--love the way they look in a project like this!

Hope you're both having a wonderful weekend--and a fabulous Christmas week to come!

Susie's country cottage said...

You do have some lovely ideas and so creative. In case I dont get the time to visit again I would like to wish you and yours a very merry Christmas and a happy and healthy 2010! I'm looking forward to more of your creations next year!

Susie

~Tonja~ said...

Great tutorial....you make it look
easy....Thank you for taking the time
to do this and sharing with us..
Have a great day....
Sweet Blessings...
Tonja

elsy said...

great blog and i love it when people share......merry christmas

Anonymous said...

Another great tutorial! Thanks Lindsey! I've learned so much from you! And such a cute sugar kissed image, too!

I love your tree! Did you draw it?I can't draw for anything so I hope you don't mind that I saved a copy of your tree to make a pattern from. ♥

Julia said...

It's a lovely idea. Congratulations. Merry Christmas fron Spain.

♥ Noelle ♥ said...

super cute!! love the great ideas you gals share!

happy holidays ♥

Happy@Home said...

This is sooo cute. I am in awe of your creativity. Your tutorials are so nice and easy to follow. I will be back for the next one.

Julie said...

That is so cute where do you come up with all these wonderful things!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How wonderful! I need to be on the lookout for Bingo cards! I see so many cute crafts made with them! I love this one! Very cute!

Chanda said...

That is awesome. I love it. You all are so talented and I love how you work with the paper. The tree is beautiful. easy enough for even me to follow. I get stuck coming up with ideas with the paper. I love to see what others can do and come up with.

Unknown said...

Talk about warm and fuzzy...out of the world cute!
Please tell your mama, yes, I did get her email...back to her soon. We just had our Christmas with our kids in Seattle this last weekend. Ready or not, here comes Santa!

Sparky said...

Ok, now this is cute...bingo cards with Merry...can I whisper, "I have never ever played bingo in my life"...is that what they look like...?
Regardless, I had a few moments and saw your tut, glad I did...you really are full of ideas...
blessings madame samm

Kathy said...

BEAUTIFUL! THANKS TO YOU MY THINGS LOOK SO MUCH BETTER.

Dogwood said...

You make everything look so easy! I love the wall hanging. So colorful and pretty. And, of course, the use of the vintage card just makes it even more fun.

Have a jolly~jolly day.

Cheryl said...

I love it, will have to try that one. Thanks for the step by step!

Queenie's Vintage Finds said...

I think this is so cute! My mama would love this idea...she loves Bingo...as a matter of fact she's out playing bingo tonight! LOL!
Precious ideas, as are all of your crafty creations.
Loved the your version of Twas the night before Christmas story...too cute.
Hope you girls have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Big Hugs,
Queenie

Pieceful Bits said...

Lindsey,
This wall hanging is adorable! So creative and pink!!!
Merry Christmas
(~~)
Julie

Kelly said...

Love it thank you!
What a brilliant image, I think I would likie to make a card from it too!!!!

Celestial Charms said...

Such a sweet wall hanging. I love the outfit on the girl. So cute. Thank you for sharing.
Maureen

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

I'm going to need a lot of time at home in the craft room next year to work my way through all these lovely projects

Victoria xx

Sherry said...

Gorgeous! I love this!!! Thanks for sharing!

Sherry