Sunday, December 6, 2009

All Is Calm, All Is Bright

Hello! Twyla here. Didn't Lindsey do a great job on the altered playing card in our last post? I'm so proud of her creativity and the quality of her work.



On this Sunday morning I wanted to share some of my beautiful postcards with you.



I'm so glad that you appreciate the images that we share. I think these evoke the spirit of Christmas in a calm and peacefull way. Some days during the Christmas preparations it's easy to forget the gentleness of the season.







One of my dearest blogging friends is Jill from Bittersweet and the Little Soap Company. Jill is one of those people who inspires me daily. I always admire her ingenuity. I just think Jill could do anything she sets her mind to do. One of the things she accomplished this year was writing a cookbook. I am lucky enough to have one. They are her family's recipes. I can't wait to try some of them such as her Grandma Lola's Egg Noodles, Skillet Stroganoff Pork Chops and her Red Velvet Cake.
Isn't the cover pretty? It is for sale in her shop.



Jill also makes the Best soap I have ever used! Also the best lip balm. I can't even use any other kind now and my son Jordan can't either! Our lips have never been softer! If you are looking for a special gift for someone on your list, you might check out Jill's shop, Bittersweet and the Little Soap Company for some awesome choices that I know would be appreciated!



Have a beautiful Sunday!
Twyla

13 comments:

Miranda said...

i just love them....so sweet!

Hearts Turned said...

Hi, Twyla! LOVE the images--thank-you! Love meeting new, creative people--thanks for introducing us to Jill--I'll go over and visit her in just a second!

Hope you're having a wonderful weekend--and yes, Lindsey did a fabulouse job!

Anonymous said...

Good morning Twyla! Those lucky girls have a deer coming right up to their window!!! ☺ That was my childhood dream... I wanted to live like Snow White in a little cottage in the woods and all the animals would be my firends! Instead, I grew up to have a house full of boys who want o EAT all the deer! Gasp! Oh well, I still have my dreams.

Happy Sunday! ♥

Sylvia (at) Lily's Pad and Petals said...

So pretty - I have some valentine cards but none for Christmas - just lovely.
Sylvia

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Dear Twyla and Lindsey:
You are both so inspiring. I love to visit your blog for your latest ideas and creations.
Thanks for the link to Jill's blog and shop. More lovely places to visit.
Also, thanks for the pretty postcard images. You're both so generous, too.
Sounds like the Christmas spirit has truly visited your home.
Best Wishes,
Donna

Julie said...

Oh I love them! I just love the old vintage pictures!

Happy Holidays!

Celestial Charms said...

Lovely postcards. Thanks for sharing them with us. A special thank you for telling us about Jill's blog. I just visited there and her blog is precious.
Maureen

jill said...

Twyla,

Thank you..

Love,

Jill xoo

Anonymous said...

Beautiful vintage cards.... The colors are so rich!!
Thanks again for the images....
Have a Great Day!
Love,
Marilyn

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

I totally love the altered cards and also your lovely pastel Christmas postcards! LOVE THEM!!! Sending you love and hugs today and now I'm off to check out that most interesting looking recipe book! Thanks for the link!! Coralie

Alexandra MacVean said...

Yes, Lindsey did a fantastic job! I was impressed.

Love your cute postcards. You have great taste. :)

Wishing you a great week.

Bearly Sane said...

Hi Twyla!
I love all these cards you keep sharing ... my favourite today is the top one!
Warmest hugs,
Sandi @ Bearly Sane

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

Oh those recipes sound DELICIOUS!

Victoria xx