Friday, January 14, 2011

My Creative Space

Hello friends!
I want to share with you again this week my creative space which is my craft table!
The first thing I was working on was trying out a new Sizzix die which I recently purchased.
It's called Tattered Florals and it's from the Tim Holtz collection.
What I love about these dies are that you can cut not only paper but fabric and felt, too!
How fun it is to create your own felt flowers!
There are several flower shapes on the die, which I cut out of both felt and fabric and layered together with a brad.



Last year I picked up several sheets of this really cute Valentine paper by BoBunny but didn't get around to using it. So, I pulled it out today to start creating a mini scrapbook with it.





To create my scrapbook I am going to bind it using a really cool tool called, the Cinch. The Cinch, is a book binder that punches and uses book wire to create a professional looking book!
We carried this tool in the scrapbook store.  I thought it looked really nice, but didn't take the time to learn how it worked, until one weekend when I was working our traveling store at a scrapbook retreat.




I was always the "demo girl" as I was very patient with the customers. Mostly I taught people how to do inking techniques with our popular Tim Holtz products. When I found out I was expected to teach how to use the new Cinch Book Binder to hundreds of  ladies I was scared! But by the end of that day I knew I was going to have to get one for myself!



I am looking forward to this project and will share lots of photos of it here as I go along!

I wish you all a wonderful Friday, Lindsey

10 comments:

Hearts Turned said...

You're just so adorable, Lindsey! I love that photo of you in the shop!

I've always had that impression of you...sweet, helpful and patient. It shows in all you say and do. Thanks for all you share, my friend!

Julie

PinkGranny said...

How neat! I would love to take a class from you.

I have never used a sizzix (sp?) or seen how it works. the finished projects look so nice!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Lindsey! Life can be so scary but we survive, huh? I giggle at myself when I think back at the things that have scared me! Thanks for showing that sweet pic of you at work. I love it when you and your mom show pics!

Well you certainly have some cool tools! I love those little flowers. I would probably enjoy making them more than I would using them!

Have a great day! ♥

NanE said...

Can't wait to see how this turns out, I know it will be cute as can be! I've been thinking about getting a Cinch too, they look very cool. Have a great weekend, blessings, Nan

Unknown said...

Lindsay,
I have had a big shot for over a year and never used it! I bought the rosette die after I saw your demo and now I am buying this set! I juts LOVE these flowers and the felt and fabric you used!!!!! I would have never thought of that.....my friend Meri says I need to give myself permission to think outside the box..... this is a great post!!!! Love the tag and all of it!!!!!

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Really cute flowers - I am on such a "flower" kick lately!
I bet your presentation was fabulous!

Marta said...

What lovely flowers, I like working with felt, it has so many possibilities ! Thank you for sharing this picture, it seems to be a very interesting place for crafts lovers...
Wish you a happy weekend ;O)

Brenda Pruitt said...

Oddly enough, I just placed an order for wool felt today to do some projects. Didn't know they had something like that that would also cut felt.
Brenda

Tamera's Craft Palace said...

wow-I wish you worked near me!! I got that die for xmas and you gave me some ideas to use it for!

Dogwood said...

You will do fine.
You are a very talented young lady.
I love all that you do!
Enjoy each day.
I am sure your customers adore you!