Tuesday, January 20, 2009


Treasure hunting Saturday with Lindsey is always special. We look forward to that time together every week. It’s not only the hunt for the treasures, but the time spent together that we enjoy.

When I layed eyes on this little fellow I knew that I was taking him home. It was just so adorable and a discount was offered in that booth!




I absolutely love these old sewing boxes. This one had two things going for it. It was pink and the beautiful graphic on the top.





A mother’s daughter is her treasure. – Catherine Pulsifer

Lindsey loves the mushrooms that I crochet and has several small ones. She asked me to make her a great big one and I finished it last night.



I found this adorable little washing machine in a flea market before Christmas. My son was with me and said he would get it for me for an early Christmas present. I think it makes a great place to display the dishcloths that I have listed on etsy and lollishops.


I’d like to say a great big Thank You to Holly of Girls at Heart. She has gone to a great deal of work to put together a post about our two shops on etsy and lollishops. I really appreciate that she thought enough of our creations to want to feature them on her blog.



Holly’s blog is always fun to visit. She posts every day and it is always cheerful and she shows the fun things she is creating or decorating. I feel very blessed to have Holly as a friend. Thanks to this blogging community we were able to meet.


I want to say thank you to Sherry too, of if I could set my soul free blog. She gave us a sweet award this week and I want her to know how much I appreciate it. She was one of my first swap partners. I believe that the purpose of doing the swaps is a chance to meet new people and hopefully form friendships. That is what happened when I was paired with Sherry.



Faithful friends are gifts from heaven: Whoever finds one finds a treasure. – unknown



Wishing you all much happiness! Twyla


15 comments:

Pearl said...

Hi Twyla... Your mushroom creations are too adorable! And I really love that Pink sewing box you found... it's perfect! I've always thought it would be alot of fun to go Thrifting with you 'n Lindsey... y'all find the most awesome treasures! And, I agree with your thoughts on the blessings of finding friends via blogland... we're so fortunate. Thanks for sharing, and for the sweet Vintage Valentine, too! God bless...

~hugs 'n prayers~

Pearl

Holly said...

Good morning, Twyla!

I always love it when I hop on here and realize it's "Twyla On Tuesdays"! My days are always so mixed up because of Bobby's sceduale... This is like my "Friday" so in my mind, it's Friday- not Tuesday! :>

Looks like some great finds from the week end! Both treasures are great. I would have nabbed them, too!

Lindsey's giant mushroom looks so cute with it's little family around it! :> Looks perfect on that heart hankie,too!

Well, even though I generally post every day, I thought I *wouldn't* today so that any other visitors will see yesterdays posts. I'm glad you're happy with the posts. It was my pleasure to put it together for you.

I'm cooking up a give away for the near future! ~ Holly rubs hands together in glee ~ I can hardly wait!

Have a great day, Twyla!

Anonymous said...

Oops! Looks like I commented through my other blog! It can be a bit tricky having 2 accounts!

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

If only I could hop on a plane and join you in your thrifty adventures, you find such great stuff!

Victoria xx

Lindsay-ann said...

Hello Twyla
I am loving all the mushrooms and valentines. They are gorgeous especially the giant one. The little wooden washing machine is adorable. It is perfect for your dishcloths I agree. I always enjoy seeing all the treasures you find shopping with your kids.
Lindsay

Happy@Home said...

How nice that you & Lindsey share so many interests. Love your mushrooms and the washing machine is adorable.

Anonymous said...

That graphic on top is so 3 D!

Anonymous said...

On top of the sewing basket that is! Ha-ha! I'm all spaced out.

Sherry said...

You two always find the cutest things!! I noticed your cute mushrooms when I was browsing through your shop. Very nice!

Have a great night!
Sherry

KatCollects said...

Awwww the puppy is the sweetest! And I love all the mushrooms you are making, the colors are great. It is so nice that you and Lindsey have the Mother and Daughter time together, so special.
Hugs,
Kathy

Peggy said...

I'm glad I found your blog. My 13 year old daughter the youngest of my three is my thrifting buddy. It's so much more fun having someone to share it with. And I'm in Missouri like you. I'm in St Louis.

Peggy & Cherie

Heidi Ann said...

I love those sewing boxes, too. I have just one, in yellow. Your pink one is lovely. Whenever I have seen them lately, they are WAY out of my price range. I never find them at thrift stores or yard sales :(
Love the mushrooms and the doggie, too!

Unknown said...

Twyla, I adore your mushrooms. I am thinking of adding them to my Scottie tree next year. Are they difficult for a beginner to make? Thank you also for sharing your Valentines, they make my day! Happy day to you! Elizabeth

Unknown said...

What a lovely post! You have so many cute vintagey things! Thank you for entering my portion of the OWOH giveaway! Good luck to you! :)

Knitlee said...

I love the mushrooms...I find I get lost on your blog-so many fun things to pour over! It has become such a joy to pop in here and find what you have posted!