Wednesday, January 7, 2009



I have something very special to show you this week. I received a box last week with Christmas stickers all over it. I recognized the return address as a nice woman named Ann who recently bought some items in our shop. She has a wonderful blog called Protector of Vintage. You should go visit her!



Anyway, so I thought "what in the world could this be?" It made an odd clinking noise as I unwrapped the bubble wrap surrounding my treasure. Inside was this amazing vintage knitting for Barbie kit. It came out in 1962.



I am sure you can all picture me jumping up and down with my mouth hanging open showing Mom what was in my package!



It wasn't but a little while ago I was looking at Ann's blog when she showed a picture of the knitting kit. I commented, telling her how beautiful I thought it was and that I wanted one too! So I started looking for it on ebay but with no luck.





We are so blessed every day with words and comments from such sweet friends! I would never have guessed a year ago that we would soon have such great friends that we talk to and enjoy every day!
Thank you so much Ann for thinking of me and giving me such a treasure!




I picked up this graduation Barbie planter several years ago at a garage sale. She has a big hole in the top of her hat which is why I think it's a planter but I'm not sure. It came out in the late ninties.


I had several comments last week asking me to show some of the vintage cards that I received for Christmas. So here's what the boxes look like.


Here are some of my favorites!







Mom and I found this cute little baby bed at a flea market a few weeks ago. The little granny square blanket Mom made me for Christmas to go along with the adorable vintage baby doll.






I also found this sweet rubber toy poodle Saturday. He has blue markings on his face but I just couldn't leave him! Those pink ears are too cute!




Today is the last day to comment and be entered in our blogaversary giveaway! You have until midnight to comment and be entered! We will post the winner on Friday.

Thanks for stopping by!


Happy Wednesday,


22 comments:

Knitlee said...

Love the Barbie knitting kit! In answer to Twyla's question to me- I do not crochet, I only knit. However last summer I was determined to teach myself crochet and made one Granny Square...that is the extent of my work with the hook! Happy Wednesday to you -love looking at your sweet treasures!

KatCollects said...

I immediatly zerod in on that bunny on the phone card, lol, tooooo cute! What a sweet surprise you received, I love seeing what all you have in your collection. As I told your Mom, I want to go shopping with you 2, you find great things! Happy Wednesday (Tuesday night still for me)
Kathy

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Lindsey
I love the wonderful Barbie Knitting Kit. How kind of Ann to send it to you. I know it will always have special place in your collection. The vintage baby doll is beautiful she has a lovely face. Thanks for sharing all your treasures. I agree with Kat I want to shop with you too!
Lindsay

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

I love your vintage Barbie planter, I've never seen anything like it before.

Victoria x

Heidi Ann said...

Wow - that Barbie kit is so great! I just love seeing all of your great stuff. Love the doll bed, the vintage greeting cards - actually - EVERYTHING!!

Jessi Nagy said...

hey there sweets,

happy new years!!
i just got this same treasure sent to me from Andrea Singerella. i about died. it is so cool.

hope all is well.

oxoxox,
jessi

Anonymous said...

Happy Barbie Wednesday, Lindsey!

Hurray for Ann for being so thoughtful toward you! How fun!

Thanks for showing us your cards. So many cute ones!

What sweet colors in your "baby" afghan! They make a really good back drop.

Even though I'm not a doll collector, I would love to have a little bitty doll cradle or crib to put bitty blankets and quilts in! :> I just like little things.

Hope you had a good day at work!

Pearl said...

What a sweet friend to send you the awesome Barbie knitting kit! I wonder what pretty outfit will be created first?! I totally loved seeing some of your Vintage cards... they're beautiful! And, I'm so glad you gave that precious Poodle a new home... I love her, blue marks 'n all... Would love to spend a dream day shopping with you ladies... what fun that would be! God bless...

~hugs 'n prayers~

Pearl

Happy@Home said...

Oh you lucky girl - that knitting kit is too cute.

Thanks for showing the cards. They are adorable.

Love the dolly crib and the cute afghan your Mom made.

Becca said...

Your greeting cards are great. My friend Jen gave me a box for my birthday this year. I actually send them to the women I know will enjoy them as much as I do. Your Ken sure brought back some good memories. Again thank you for sharing.

Robyn said...

WOW - how sweet was Ann to send you the knitting kit - fabulous. Lucky YOU!!!

The poodle is adorable and what sweet vintage cards.

Thanks for another enjoyable Bar bie Wednesday!

Have a great day!

Barbara said...

I always look forward to Barbie Wednesday - what a treasure that knitting kit is!

Chanda said...

I love your old tiny baby bed. So sweet. I actually thought of sending you a vintage Christmas card this year but, was hesiatant to ask for your addy. Next year I will, remember the box of old cards i found at the garage sale this year. i thought of you when I got them out this year.

Unknown said...

That is soooo cool! How sweet of her to send it to you! I love your vintage cards, too! I'm so glad I'm not the only one who LOVES stuff like that!

Anonymous said...

Morning, Lindsey! I've been trying to pick a favorite card... Such a toss up but I think it's the puppy one! I generally like bunnies over puppies but... There's just something about the art work on that one.

I've been having sooo much fun working on some vintage card images for someone! ;>

Sarah said...

hello. Thanks for visiting me! The barbie knit is so neat. My daughter is fixing to be 6 so she is all interested in Barbies right now and I am interested in knitting...even though I have no clue how to do it!
Sarah
Vintage Lily

Suzie Button said...

Lindsey, Wow, the knitting kit is so unique!! I love that! You and your Mom find the most adorable items too when you go to the flea market or antique shops! Suzie

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Lindsey,
Your Barbie collection is sure growing and how awesome to receive such a sweet gift. You will have the best Barbie collection, ever!!
You could send some photos of your collection to Matel...
Love your cards and cute poodle.
Have a fun weekend you 2!!
Warmly,
Deb

Unknown said...

Happy Blogaversary! What an awesome gift to receive in the mail...the Barbie Kniiting Kit..Too Cool! Enjoyed your blog and will pop back by. Happy New Year from Houston!

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Love the Barbie knitting kit. The Barbie head might be a pencil holder? Love the granny square blanket. Everything is just lovely! blessings, Kathleen

Unknown said...

Lindsey, I think flickr friends are just the most wonderful people I have ever had the opportunity to meet. I love parting with something that I know will make someone very happy. I see you have people in your life now that feel the same way! Elizabeth

Loretta said...

Wow. I'm going thru all your posts about vintage Barbie Wednesdays. They are just soooo cool! You have the NEATEST blog! I just love it.