Friday, November 21, 2008

Tagged!

Lindsey and I was tagged by Tammy of Art and Inspirations to list 8 things about ourselves. I will accept the challenge of doing this. I was also inspired by Suzie Button who told 100 things about herself on a recent post. I found it very interesting.



1. I have a goal. I want my face on a Smucker’s jar. Okay, the real goal is to live to be 100, but the shining achievement would be to have my face on that jar of jam with Willard Scott saying, “Here we have, Twyla, she just turned 100. She still enjoys knitting, crocheting and going to flea markets. She says the reason she stays so young is her friends she meets on the blogs she reads daily”.



2. We owe our blogging to Angie of Quilly Silly. I used to look at ebay listings of paper piecing artists and she was one of my favorites. One day I was looking at one of her listings and down at the bottom of the page was a ‘button’ that said My Blog. I clicked on that button and my life has never been the same! Thank you, Angie!



3. From a very young age I have wanted to be a writer. I wish I had explored that dream instead of just dreaming about it.



4. I have been married for almost 30 years to the Same man. He is very patient of me and my collecting. Every time we have moved, he has had one cardboard box of personal items and there are truckloads of my accumulations. One time I woke up very early so that I could take a couple of car loads (seriously) of my magazines over to the new place so that he didn’t have to move them.



5. Because my husband was in the service when we got married, I got to live in Germany for almost 2 years. I loved every minute of it. It is a beautiful country and dream of going back there someday. Because of that experience, I now like to collect all things made in Germany (of course).



6. I am an only child. My biggest regret in life is that I never had a sister, but I have had Susan my best friend since she was 3 and I was 6.



7. I am an imposter. I couldn’t post a blog if I tried. I write my posts on Microsoft word, take my pictures and then Lindsey posts them for me. I am not computer savvy at all.



8. I don’t like wearing a bra. That’s about the first thing that comes off when I get home from work.


Lindsay Ann of The Cross Stitch House, approached me about a magazine swap after I talked about my love of magazines in a post. I thought that would be a great idea. I sent her a magazine and thought it would be fun to send along a surprise as well, so I made her and her daughter house shoes. Little did I know that Lindsay was sending me a special surprise, too! Not only did I get a terrific magazine, (all the pictures in this post are beautiful pages from the magazine) but she also made me a pretty bag that is great for storing my yarn and knitting projects in. She also sent Lindsey a History of Barbie magazine. Lindsay is a very sweet and special lady and has a great blog. Thank you Lindsay for being so generous.



Have a wonderful weekend!

23 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL! Did you know that when you turn 100 that the President of the United States send you a letter to say "Happy Birthday!"? No joke, and no, I didn't recently turn 100, but I know someone who did and that's how I know! What a fun way to spruce up a tag post with christmas mag pics! :)

Stacey said...

What a great post! I liked reading your list.

You know you can still be writer! My father-in-law just wrote his first book and he is 73!

Also, posting on the blog isn't that hard. I was like you mentioned a couple of months ago. I guess out of stubborness I've figured it out.

You are such a sweetheart!

Free Art Printables said...

Great things to share.. I have to admit.. I hate bras too! ;)

Linda Lou said...

You will reach that milestone of being on the Smuckers Jar!!!Your kind heart will keep you young! You already are a writer, everything you share on your blog is your unique creative way of expressing yourself...In my house my husband is the one with all of the STUFF!!! Thanks for sharing more about you.

Kathy said...

I ENJOYED READING YOUR BLOG TODAY. I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO TURN MY COMPUTER ON WHEN I GOT IT. I HAD TO GET UP THE NERVE TO GO BACK IN THE STORE AND ASK " CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO TURN IT ON".
YOU'LL HAVE TO POST A PICTURE OF YOUR GREEN AND PINK SCARF SO I CAN SEE IT.

Heidi Ann said...

I enjoyed reading tour 8 things and learning a little more about you. And those certainly are beautiful pages from your magazine!

Sandra Evertson said...

I LOVE your Barbies post below! I still have my original Barbies from childhood and a few I've added since then!
Sandra Evertson

Michele said...

Hi girls ~ Funny, I don't like to wear a bra either...that's why I love sweatshirt weather..no one can tell!!!

Love reading your list!

Hugz,
Michele

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Twyla
I love how you did this creative post by listing 8 things about yourself and separating them with pictures from the magazine.
It is not too late to be a writer and you must go back to Germany some day. It's not too far from me!
I am so pleased you liked the magazine and bag and that LINDSEY did such a lovely post about it!
We are still enjoying our house shoes. We need them today - we may get snow overnight.
Have a lovely weekend.
Lindsay

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Twyla,
That was so fun learning more about you, and swapping a magazine. Great idea! Thanks for sharing both with me. It's NEVER too late to start writing:)
Hope you are having a good weekend and are finding some treasures.
Your Friend,
Deb

Holly said...

I had fun reading this, Twyla! Ha-ha! So funny that you're an imposter! :>

Loved those mag pics! I've been having fun with red lately.

Anyone up for a bra burning? :>

~ Hearts ~

Niesz Vintage Home said...

Great post! I loved your 8 things.
(I'm am sooo with you on the bra thing) :)
Count me in on the bra-bonfire.LOL

Kimberly :)

Robyn said...

Twyla,
what fun to share those 8 things about yourself! You're not a fraud! You come up with what you want to share in your blog, you just "supervise" the actual entry of it - like a good mom! ha, ha Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Twyla, what a wonderful post!

Betcha you CAN learn how to blog! I don't think anyone was as scared as I was to even sit at a computer 9 years ago! One task at a time is how I learned. This old brain couldn't handle more than that! LOL!

OK, Twyla, here's my favorite quote about just DOING IT: "If everyone waited until he(or she) could do something so perfectly that no one could find fault with it, no one would ever do anything".

You CAN write! Just do it! You'll be so happy you did! That's how I got started with my business and my art licensing. One day at a time, one step at a time, not looking too far ahead and worrying about the "what ifs" because they'd just have bogged me down. Some of our worries never come to fruition, but our DREAMS CAN!

Hugs!
Diane

Melissa said...

What beautiful pictures from that magazine. And, I got a chance to learn more about you. I also lived in Germany for 3 years, while my husband was in the Army. I loved every minute of living there.

Where were you at? We were in Nord Deutschland, Neinburg am der Weser. It was an industrial town with maybe only 30 American soldiers and only half of them were married. It was an adventure for sure.

Thank you for your get well wishes.

May you and your family have a very happy Thanksgiving.

Melissa

queen-of-nostalgia said...

Twyla, you crack me up :)
I love your writing, and I hope we both get to see your face on a Smuckers Jar :)

Dawn said...

Such a beautiful post w/ such funny & endearing insights to such a beautiful lady!

Happiest of Thanksgivings to your family, Twyla!

Alexandra MacVean said...

Hi Twyla..it was good to learn something new about you. Germany, ey? I would love to visit there some day. :)

Pearl said...

Hi Twyla... I just loved learning more about you... Sounds like you're not alone in your dislike of bras...

~strikes a match, with a twinkle in my eye~

I was so tickled that you'd stopped by for a visit... and very pleased to know that you enjoyed the Vintage post cards... Thanks so much for your kind comment, and I hope you were able to find a few images to use or frame!

Keep on writing... it's not a "dream" in my opinion... you've already "Mastered" the art of being a "Wordsmith"... Do take special care and stop back for a visit anytime, please... God bless...

~hugs 'n prayers~

Pearl

Anonymous said...

You ARE a writer! I'm reading your writing right now! :)

Happy@Home said...

I so enjoyed getting to know the real Twyla a bit better :-) Also enjoyed the beautiful magazine pics.

A lady at my Mom's asst. living was recently on the Willard Scott portion of the Today show. She just turned 104. Her claim to longevity is never having kids (don't tell Lindsey). We know that can't be true, right?

I agree with the others that you are already a writer and I enjoy reading what you have to write.

Also, I got a kick out of your husband and his one box.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Mrs.Kwitty said...

LOL--Smucker's Jar. I didn't catch onto the 100 year old thing at first and was wondering why in the heck you would want to be on a Smucker's jar ;-O

I'm totally with you on the bra thing....like my hubby says "the girls like to run free!"

Smiles, Karen

Lisa & Alfie said...

Always love hearing more about you Twyla! Hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving. And don't worry about the computer thing. We have all been there at one time or another!
Lisa & Alfie