It is the week to be thankful. I have met some wonderful people this year through this blog and I am very thankful for that. I want to thank all of you who left such sweet comments on my last post.
One of my new friends, Lindsay Ann from the Cross Stitch House, gave us an award. Thank you so much Lindsay. We are supposed to list 5 things we love and, like Lindsay, I am going to name five things I love about Christmas.
1. Butter cookies that I have been eating every Christmas since I was a little girl.
2. Hallmark ornaments that I have collected since 1978.
3. The schnitzel and noodles that is our traditional Christmas Eve dinner.
4. My kids opening their presents.
5. Giving my house shoes as gifts
This is a scarf that I made for our new Lollishop, Fancy That. Kathy of Kathy’s Crochet Cabin, ask to see this scarf, so this is for you, Kathy. If you have not met Kathy yet, stop by her blog. She donates her time and talents to helping out charitable organizations. I have a great respect for this special lady.
I have always used Red Heart Super Saver yarn for my house shoes because it holds up so well and comes in great colors. The only beef I have with them is that they discontinue colors. I discovered just this week that one of my favorite colors to make house shoes is no longer on the shelves . . . anywhere. Very disappointing. I have one shoe made that may never have a mate.