Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Barbie Wednesday

Hello friends!
Toady I am featuring a few of Barbie's many wedding dresses!!



This first one is called Barbie's "Dream Dress" #947 from 1963. Both Midge and Skipper had beautiful Bridesmaid dresses for the special occasion! The one Midge has on is called "Orange Blossom" #987.



I have this lovely Wedding trunk in my collection featuring Barbie in the Dream Dress. The doll is one of the reproduction dolls that Mattel released in the late nineties.


This is one of the hardest of find vintage Barbie wedding dresses. It was only made for one year and is desired by collectors, hard to find and therefore can be quite expensive to acquire. It's called "Beautiful Bride"#1698 from 1967.


This is the newest reproduction release of the "Wedding Day Set" #972 from 1959. This gift set was released last year.




Wishing you all a lovely day, Lindsey

12 comments:

Sarita Boyette said...

These wedding dresses are lovely. I have never heard of that rare one. Thanks for telling us about it! Your wedding case is so cute.

LiLi M. said...

Ah the weddingdresses were one reason to love Barbie!

Vintage Christine said...

I don't remember having any wedding dresses--my preferences back then were for the casual clothes. Plus I had a grandmother who insisted on telling my mother not to buy Barbie clothes since she'd make them instead. Aaack! Now I'm waiting for the 4 Mad Man dolls from Barbie Collector--can't wait!!

Unknown said...

A wedding in Barbie land cannot be out done...she is pretty in anything she wears. Thanks for the Barbie knowledge, I count on it!

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

Doesn't Barbie make a fabulous bride.

Victoria x

Elyse said...

i have the rerelease. i always love the barbie brides (and of course skipper with her floral headpiece totally rocks).

xo
elyse

Unknown said...

Lindsey, It is such fun that they release the old dolls again. When you find them in the antique malls, they often time look terrible but still so expensive. Wedding fun for June! Would you please let your Mom know that I have posted on Flickr the afghan that Sandy is interested in having her make. It is a few photos back. Have a great week! Elizabeth

Beedeebabee said...

Great post Lindsey! I love seeing the old Barbie stuff, and the new repros are wonderful too! You're so full of fun Barbie facts! xo Paulette ...Hi Twyla! ;)

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What wonderful memories! We all wanted our Barbies to have a wedding gown! My Aunt made one for my Barbie! I wonder if I have the patience to try to make one! ♥

Melinda said...

How fun!

Melinda

Duchess of Tea said...

Hello my darlings, thanks so much for visiting my cottage and for the kind comment you left behind, much appreciated.

Your blog is bursting at the seams with creativity, colour and beauty. I am delighted that our blogs crossed, now I have a lovely world to visit on daily basis.

Love & Hugs
Duchess

cathysrunning said...

When I was little, my family took a trip to Lake Tahoe for a week. I just knew that it was the perfect place for Barbie & Ken to get married. I saved my money and bought a Barbie wedding gown and a tux for Ken. We held the ceremony just outside the Camper Van! I've still got everything that went on that Lake Tahoe trip! Thanks for bringing back memories!