Thursday, April 30, 2009

Marie Shoe Soiree


Today is the Marie Antoinette Shoe Soiree! Hosted by Angela Harris of yourangil.blogspot.com.
The theme of this Soiree was to take on old shoe and remake it into something that Marie herself would have liked to wear!


Mom and I found a cute little pair of heels at Goodwill and redesigned each one into shoes that I hope Marie would have approved of!
Here is my shoe.


I took a black shoe and painted it pink with silver edges.


I bought a pair of vintage earrings to add a bit of sparkle to open toe shoe.

I added pearl stickers,silver glitter and a crown to the heel.

Here's Mom's beautiful shoe.



She painted it a lovely shade of blue and added blue feathers.


She used the other vintage rhinestone earring and added a feather along the front.

We both had a fun time making these! I think I would enjoy altering shoes again sometime.






I thought that I would show you my Marie Antoinette layout too, since it matched the theme of this post.





Mom and I recently found the new Somerset magazine called Marie. It features amazing artwork!





It's a fun read and is still available in stores.



I couldn't pass up this opportunity to show you another Barbie! This is a beautiful Marie Antoinette Barbie. I hope someday that I will find one for my collection that I could afford. She is a very grand doll and was made in a limited quantity.




I hope you have enjoyed visiting today! For a list of the other participants visit yourangil.blogspot.com

Wishing you a happy day, Lindsey and Twyla

22 comments:

Stacey said...

Hi girls! Your shoes are fabulous. I never in my life have thought of painting and embellishing shoes. You've just opened up a whole new world of possibilities. Lindsey, that is one gorgeous Barbie. I hope you find her some day.

Faye said...

Your shoes are great.I would have never thought of doing this!Hope you all have a great day! Blessings, Faye

Anonymous said...

what a fun thing to do!
the shoes look great! Def something to remember to do with my daughter when she's a bit older :-)

Thanks,
Rose XXX

Anonymous said...

Yay! Another T&L post! ♥

How pretty! I didn't know you girls were doing this! It doesn't look like paint at all! I'm wondering what type you used? well, this just goes to show that we can embellish anything!

Wow, that marie Barbie is something else! Such details on the gown!

Have a great day!

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Twyla & Lindsey
I love your re-styled shoes. They look great. What a great idea.
Love the Barbie.
Lindsay

Dawn said...

Fabulous shoes -- my, they are exquisite! Beautiful designs by the both of you.

And the rest of your Marie pics are so breath-taking!

KatCollects said...

Both of your shoes turned out so pretty, what a fun idea! I hope you are having a good week.
Hugs,
Kathy

Angela Harris said...

Hi Ladies! These are absolutely beautiful! It's really amazing how you altered them. They look So cool painted! I don't know about you guys but it made me want to design my own shoes for some outfits this summer! thanks so much for being a part of my Shoe Soiree!

Chanda said...

Wow, you two are talented, I am in love with these. Looks fun, something maybe I'll try sometime. Next time, you two need to each do a pair so they will be wearable, both of the designs are awesome and I would wear them both.
Shanda

Pearl said...

Well Ladies...
I'm certainly impressed with the end results of your Marie shoes... They're really quite beautiful and elegant! So is the Marie Barbie doll... sure do hope you'll one day be able to add her to your collection, Lindsey... Hope y'all are doing alright... Enjoy the upcoming weekend...

~hugs 'n prayers~
Pearl

Linda Lou said...

What a great job you both did on those shoes-they are lovely and very feminine!!

Anonymous said...

Your shoes are awesome!! I think Marie would be proud to wear them!!.....great job girls!! TTYL! Jennifer

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi You Two .. :)
I LOVE your shoes...both are so pretty and how fun was that!!!
I think you should have done a pair and then dress up for TEA or something and wear them out!!
Have a good weekend.
Warmly,
deb :)

Heidi Ann said...

Those shoes are stunning! It makes me think maybe I should do something with my black patent leather platform heels I still have from high school! I like the idea of doing them up with an art deco theme.

Jennifer said...

Wow ladies - your shoes are awesome! You should have shown before photos. I can't believe the pink one was one black. I enjoyed your photos and shoes. Great idea Angela had!

Tatieva said...

Oh mais on n'a pas des soirées comme ça, chez nous !!! C'est vraiment sympa et les chaussures sont absolument... divines, divines !!!
Fantastique !
Amusez-vous bien, les Marie !
Kisses from France,
Tatieva

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Those shoes are delightful!

Unknown said...

What a fabulous post! It was like opening a present with layers and layers of tissue. I love that you enjoy your Mom so much! The Barbie was breathtaking! E

Unknown said...

Both shoes are absolutely gorgeous! Nice work you two!

Christy Amular said...

so exquisite, so marie!

Michele said...

Oh girls, your shoes are awesome! I have never thought of altering shoes, but you girls taught me something new!

Hugz,
Michele

Patty said...

I love the shoes! You guys did agreat job on them