Don't forget to leave a comment to be entered in our 100th post giveaway pictured in the last post!
Okay, now on to Barbie Wednesday! these are some of my reproduction Barbie's. When I was younger and still playing with my Barbie's they started releasing vintage Barbie reproductions. And I have tried to collect as many of them as I could over the years. Mattel truly did a wonderful job.
Here are a few of my favorite's
This one is my favorite of all! I adore her dress and tiara. I would LOVE to have the original. She reminds me of Cinderella in a way. This dress came out in 1963 and was called "Sophisticated Lady".
This reproduction is of an American Girl wearing "The Poodle Parade" outfit. You can see even from the reproductions how much detail went into Barbie's wardrobe. For the first few years all of Barbie's clothes were stitched by hand.
This one is named after the dress "Enchanted Evening".
The original fur was made out of rabbit. Mattel even once made a genuine mink stole for Barbie in 1965. A Sears exclusive, it originally sold for $ 9.99.
Okay, now I have been tagged by Patty of Pipstitch to share seven of my quirks. This has not been an easy task. I have just never thought about my quirks that much I guess I like to ignore those kind of things.
So here goes:
1. I have such a huge fear of spiders that somehow if there is a spider in the room I will find it! I don't want to be the one that has to kill it, but I am always looking out for them constantly.
2. I don't like swallowing pills. I can do small ones okay and I will gladly take Ibuprofen when I need it, but that's it!
3. I share the same fear of phones as my Mother! I am not quite as bad as her but still I was never one of those teens that sat in her room on the phone all night long!
4. I really need glasses but I DON'T want them!!!! At all!!!!!!!!! I prefer to pretend that my eyesight is fine! I don't want contacts either. I don't like eye doctors. I don't want one NEAR me!
5. I have an odd fear of food and drinks that have expired! I am always checking experation dates. I have decided that about a week until the expiration date is going to expire, is when I am done with it.
6. I have such a fear of going out of the house without makeup on that I even have nightmares about it.
7. I love movies so much that when I really love a movie I watch it over and over and over never getting tired of it.
Have a happy Barbie Wednesday, Lindsey