Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Sugar Kissed Altered Sled


Hello friends!
I recently picked up this fun little wooden sled at the thrift store to alter.


This little sled was a steal at only .99 cents!


I painted it white and started cutting my embellishments.


I am using October Afternoon's new Holiday Style paper line for this project.
I loved the pink and red patterns throughout this line.


Vintage sheet music and paper doilies are some of my favorite supplies that go with everything!


I cut these pieces out of scrapbook paper and inked the edges with Vintage Photo Distress ink.


I started layering my paper pieces.


I added red glitter glue around the edge of the sheet music to make it really pop!


I then finished layering my paper pieces. Adding the sweet retro Merry Christmas piece from Cosmo Cricket's Mr. Claus paper line.


I then dyed seam binding with Spun Sugar Distress Ink and tied a bow to the piece.


I then added a little paper rose to the center of the bow and a pearl stick pin through the bow.


I then glued my piece to the center of the sled and took red and white bakers twine to create a hanger for the sled.


I hope you enjoyed seeing how I altered this sled and try altering things that you find!

Day 6 of Tim Holtz tags. Here is my take!


Have a lovely day, Lindsey


11 comments:

busymartha said...

ooh, your sled is darling! I love the paper lines Twyla!

Jean said...

That turned out great! Very cute.

Cheryl said...

That is tooo cute, your imagination blows me away!!
Hugs
Cxxx

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

What a great alteration! You are the layering princess, Miss Lindsey! ♥

Kathryn Ross said...

Perfectly delightful! How I've missed regularly stopping by - my school schedule affords me little blog reading time. I tend to just be posting only twice a week now - I really need to get my creative life back! Had to sneak a peek here, though - and loving all the fun stuff you're pinning on Pinterest, too! Thinking of all the fun in your studio and wishing I was there . . .
Joy!
Kathy

Monica said...

Cute, cute, cute :)

Theresa said...

I love what you did with that simple little sleigh:) It is sooooo cute! Enjoy your day my friend, HUGS and thanks for sharing your talents! You inspire me to try new things!

Laurie said...

It is absolutely darling!

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

received my slippers and they are even cuter(if that's even possible) than the photos! Thank you so very mcuh..they are perfect (fit and color) and are my "go-to" shoes for the Christmas season. LOVE them!

XXOO

Nan said...

Very cute idea with the sled.

Jason Tam said...

I love what you did with that simple little sleigh:) It is sooooo cute! Enjoy your day my friend, HUGS and thanks for sharing your talents! You inspire me to try new things!