Friday, April 22, 2011

My Creative Space



Hello friends!
This week in my creative space, I have been making tags.
This set of tags features a sweet vintage image of little red riding hood that we shared last week on Twyla on Tuesday.
For these tags, I dyed seam binding using Tattered Rose and Spun Sugar Distress inks. The edge punch I used is by Martha Stewart and it's called Eyelet Lace.



One of the most important things in my creative space is my paper trimmer.
I have tried several over the years and I now have 2 favorites.
My main trimmer that I use everyday, is a guillotine style trimmer by Tonic.
I have always thought the guillotine style is quicker and more accurate and I love this one!


Tonic Studios 808 8-1/2-Inch Guillotine Paper Trimmer


Whenever I travel I need a smaller, more portable trimmer. I recently purchased this Premium Portable trimmer by Fiskars, due to an overwhelming amount of recommendations. I love it! It is very accurate and has a long fold out ruler.
I took it with me to retreat this past weekend and saw that most of ladies had this one. Most even said they used it as their everyday trimmer. 


Fiskars 01-005249J, SureCut Patented Triple Track Portable Paper Trimmer , 12-Inch


If you're in the market for a new paper trimmer, I highly recommend checking these out.

Wishing you craftiness, Lindsey


7 comments:

LaVonne said...

Very nice. Thanks for sharing this with all of us!

Happy Easter!
Long Wait For Isabella

Nan said...

Love your tags and have to try that dyed seam binding trick. A paper trimmer, would be nice. I still use my quilting equipment for that. Have a great Easter you two. Nan

Home and Heart said...

Just darling!! I need a new trimmer, thanks for the tip!

Whimsicalnotions said...

sweet tags,I am tag mad.There is a tag swap on flickr for a tag book.

ImagiMeri said...

Hi Lovely Ladies,

Lindsey, your tags are beautiful (as usual). I have three or four trimmers but they're all the sliding blade version. I'm afraid I'd chop off all my fingers in a guillotine...I'm not real deft with my hands anymore....;o)

Happy Easter to you two,

Meri

Theresa said...

I have a small trimmer that I use a lot! In fact I just used it today to make some Easter cards:) I really need a big one for large projects! Have a blessed day and a Happy Easter!

Love your tags! HUGS!

Shirley said...

Hi Lindsey, I got my package and I am looking forward to trying to use it. I have been in and out so much here lately with doctor appointments with my husband, and trying to work. It came while I was gone for a couple of days. I would have much rather been home. I am going to my daughters when I play with it because she does scrapbooking. She will also let me use her cutter and anything else I want to use. She will help teach mom. Thanks so much. Your Missouri Friend.