This is a special Barbie Wednesday. I received a gift from one of my favorite bloggers, Barbara of Ooodles and oodles. I don't quite know what I did to deserve such a wonderful gift but I will treasure it always. I discovered her blog this Spring and really enjoyed her sense of humour and style. I enjoy reading her blog and although I don't comment as much as I should I enjoy every post.
Okay now I know you are burning with desire to see what she gave me. Right?
She gave me two gorgeous pieces of vintage Barbie fabric! I have never seen or heard of it before. I tried to find any information on the web but with no luck. I've emailed Mattel from the Barbie collector site but we'll see if they ever get back to me.
Barbara told me that her Mother had purchased this fabric and made dresses for her Barbie and Skipper dolls. I still can not believe that she would share something so precious with me.
I think somewhere I have seen a photo of a little girl wearing a dress in this signature print. It didn't occur to me that it had been made with fabric.
I found this shirt at Target a couple years back. They only had one left and it was x-small (which is why it was the only one left) but I bought it anyway.
I truly can't even begin to express how lucky I am to have friends like Barbara that both I and my Mom have discovered in this wonderful world of blogs. I would like to say thank you to all of our friends. You guys don't know how much you have enriched our lives!
Speaking of blog friends I've been tagged by Marian of Princess of Pink (My current swap partner) to list 6 things about myself and tag six others.
1. I may be young, twenty, but I don't have near as much in common with other girls my age. While they like to go the mall, I like to go to flea markets. While they go get there nails done, I'm washing dried glue and glitter from my hands. I could go on and on but I think you get my point.
2. I love, love, love to read. I admit I am a big fan of the Harry Potter series. They're the books that got me into reading. Recently I have been very obsessed with the Twilight series.
3. I have seen the new Twilight movie 3 times and still can't wait to see it again.
4. I have a huge fear of needles! I lied and got out of my tetanus shot. A small, very small part feels slightly guilty but not having to hyperventilate and faint in the doctor's office seems to make it more justifiable.
5. Although I would like to say I have a glamorous job I must admit I am a (cringe) fast food worker. I work at Hardee's. I'm a cook. I could never deal with the many cranky customers that come through our door, so I assemble burgers. I have worked there for 4 years now. In this line of work I am considered one of the senior employees. The one thing I think people should know is be careful what you say when you order thru the drive thru. There are speaker's in the ceiling above the kitchen so that everyone in the back can hear what you are saying. Needless to say I have heard some strange conversations, cell phone conversations, and odd music.
6. I am one of the most shy people. If I were to meet any one of you in person I probably would say about two words and that's it. Not that I wouldn't enjoy your company but I am not a girl of many words. Which I think comes out a lot in my posts.
Now to tag 6 people
Barbara of Oodles and oodles
Stacey of Flotsam and Jetsam
Shanda of Front Porches - Sweet Tea and Old Aprons
Holly of Girls at Heart
Kathy of Kat Collects
Julie of Pieceful bits
Thank you for visiting us today,