Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Sherry's Blogiversary Party



Hope everyone is having a nice Thursday.



Sherry is having a blogiversary party and has been posting games and questionare's that party guests can share on their blogs.



This one is all about shopping. That is a subject that I can talk about because I do it all the time. I do believe that people who say that money can't buy happiness just don't know where to shop!




1. Where is your favorite place to shop? From my bank statement, I would have to say it must be Wal-Mart. They get most of my money. My favorite places to shop though are flea markets because you never know what treasure you will find. Although, the same might be said of TJ Maxx and Marshall's, I love those too!


2. Would you rather shop on-line or in the stores? My internet shopping experiences are pretty much limited to ebay. I have been a member since 2000 and have a positive feedback of 430! We are starting to purchase a bit on etsy and hope to more with the holiday season coming up. Most of all, there's nothing like picking up something you love and walking out of the store with it!



3. If you needed new undergarments, but you saw something that you didn’t really need, but just wanted, which would you buy? You're asking someone who wore a nursing bra for 10 years! Always, always the luxury before the need!






4. What really annoys you about other shoppers? People who stand in front of what I'm trying to get to or ones who are walking around with something I would have bought if I had gotten there first!

5. Have you ever got up to the checkout stand and had a ton of stuff in your cart and after they rang everything up you realized you didn’t have your money, check book, debit card, or credit cards? No, can't say that's ever happened. For one thing, I never stuff my cart full. I may go back 2 or 3 days and spend $30 at a time, but never spend large amounts at a time. I'm funny that way.

6. If you buy something that isn’t necessary or something just for fun do you feel like you have to justify it to yourself or your partner? No, I don't really justify it to myself. Just wanting it is enough for me and I don't tell my husband!





7. Do you hide those unnecessary things for awhile and then later claim you’ve had them for a long time? Yes! We always hide things from my husband. It's not even that he would mind so much, it's just that we feel he doesn't need to know everything we have. He's not very observant anyway.



Please visit Sherry to see the others who participated and to check out the other party posts.

My son enjoys watching Lindsey and I putting together our blog posts. He has put together some vignettes and taken pictures for our blog that I always call 'filler' pictures. He gets the credit for the vignettes and pictures on this post. He bought me those cute little purple cows just because he thought they were so cute and I needed them. My children have obviously picked up my shopping habits.

Wishing you much happiness! Twyla

18 comments:

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Cute post! I love your answers to all the questions. I'm with you ~ some people just don't know where to shop!! LOL

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

KatCollects said...

Hi Twyla, Ohhhh I forgot about Marshall's, LOVE that store for decorating. I am sorry but I had to laugh when you said your husband was not very observant anyway, that happens here too. Sometimes I will have something new for maybe a couple months then he will say, is that new, lol. I love all of your pictutres on your page, saw my first tree turning yesterday, YEAH!!! Autumn is my favorite season. Thank you for the smiles : )
Kathy

Suzie Button said...

Good morning, Twyla! I enjoyed reading your answers, and your son does a very nice job with filler pictures! I could use his help! I just posted a tease for you, stop by! Suzie

Mrs.Kwitty said...

LOL!! You are a gal after my own heart!!

Wait until you start shopping at Etsy--you not only get wonderful handmade stuff, but lots of sellers (like me) like to add little gifts to your packages too! Yeah, shopping AND freebies, what could be better??

I really enjoyed this post!
Smiles, Karen

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Oh--I forgot to add that I like your son's pictures very much--especially the cows with the lace (nice!)

Alexandra MacVean said...

I think Walmart and Hobby Lobby would be on my bank statements! ;-)

Michele said...

Hi Twyla...you and I are very much alike!!! Your son does an awesome job of photography...very good pictures!

Hugz,
Michele

Sherry said...

That's so sweet that your son bought you the cows. You have definitely taught him well!! Great pics and answers too. Long ago I worked at Wal-mart and they should have just kept my paycheck.

Have a great night!
Sherry

Lisa & Alfie said...

Hey Twyla,
Would you believe I have only been into a Walmart one time in my life? There aren't any in SF. I have tosay I had a blast the one time I did go. Now Marshalls is another story. One of my favorite places.
Lisa & Alfie

cherry said...

That was fun to read. I love to shop too......my fave is thrift stores and garage sales. First time here at your blog and will have to bookmark it. cherry

Lindsay-ann said...

I love shopping but not for food. I hate food shopping. I love TJ Maxx (TK Maxx over here) and junk markets. It's great your kids get involved with your blog. Your son's photos are super. My daughter keeps suggesting things for my blog! I think I'll let her do her own post one day.
Lindsay

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

Everyone thinks i'm crazy that i have to visit Wal-mart whenever i'm in the US but it's great for all sorts of things we either can't get in the UK or are just so much cheaper!

Victoria x

Alexandra MacVean said...

Good evening. Just stopping by to say hello and wish you both a wonderful weekend. :)

PS I put a permanent link to your Etsy shop on my blog so my visitors can check out your shop..and maybe..just maybe..purchase something.

*hugs to you*

Dee Light said...

What a fun blog the 2 of you have. I can relate to all of your answers. Isn't it a shame that Wal-mart gets so much of our money! Oh and husband don't need to know all of our purchase history!

Alexandra MacVean said...

Hello! I hope you're having a good weekend.

Free Art Printables said...

I am all over the shopping too!!!! Any where there's a deal!

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Hi Twyla,

I'm still laughing at that post. My husband is on a need to know basis too. He doesn't mind what I buy but I figure - why burden him with all those details...LOL
Hugs,
Kerryanne

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting such a nice comment about my sewing on Sherry's blog!
I love your answers to the questions. it made me realize that some of my answers weren't done... I DO shop at Walmart, Marshalls, tjMax, and Tuesday Morning quite often!
Missy