Monday, November 28, 2011

Christmas Tag Tutorial #2


Hello friends!
Here is the second of my Twelve Tags of Christmas.
A tree shaped tag!



I started by cutting out a tree shape on to cardstock. Punch a small hole at the top for your ribbon.


I then took Tim Holtz snowflake tissue tape and covered the tag.
You can find his tissue tape at most craft stores. You could also stamp snowflakes across the tag.


Now cut off the excess tape.


Ink the tag lightly with red ink.


Fan fold a small strip of paper to create a paper rosette.


Glue rosette to the lower center of the tag.


Then cut a small paper scallop for the center of the rosette.
Tie red ribbon through the top of the tag and tie into a bow.


Add a Christmas sentiment to the center of the rosette and glue chunky white glitter around the edges of the tag. I used Martha Stewart's Snow glitter.


It's done!
I hope you try making a shaped tag!


Wishing you a lovely Tuesday, Lindsey

10 comments:

Hearts Turned said...

This is just beautiful, Lindsey! I'll have to make this for my oldest daughter--her middle name is Noel (born Dec. 22nd!)

Wishing you both a wonderful day!

Julie

Anonymous said...

Fun! These could be made in all different colors and strung together! I'm into stringing things together these days! ♥

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Cute tags! Enjoyed the Christmas tree one!
Warmly,
deb

Trace4J said...

Afternoon New Friends!
I am a newbeeie! So cool.
Thanks for sharing.
Hugs Trace


www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

Nan said...

Thanks for posting I love your tutorials!

Cindy said...

Love it! thanks for posting this.

Completely Frogged said...

Thank you for all your tutorials! They are super cute! I can't wait to have a go...

Colleen said...

What a cute tag.
Thank U 4 tutorial
ColleenB.

Theresa said...

This is so cute! I love your Christmas tags, drop by & link up in my Holiday Hop if you like! *link is in the navigation bar. If you missed entering today is the last day of my current giveaway, you might enjoy the chance. Happy Dec! xo Theresa

Diazhoqg said...

Cute tags! Enjoyed the Christmas tree one! Warmly, deb