Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Tag Tutorial Time!


Hello friends!
I have a quick and easy tag tutorial to share with you today!




Start by saving and printing this vintage pattern.




Cut out the littlest girl and cut out your tag shape.




To give the tag a nice aged, vintage look, I inked it with Vintage Photo Distress ink, blending the ink across the surface using a blending applicator.




I then added stamped measuring strips across the top and bottom. I used the Hero Arts Sew Stylish stamp set. I used a lovely grey ink by Ranger for The Jenni Bowlin line. The inkpads are made much like the Distress Inks and I love the range of vintage colors.
 You could also use ribbon for this.




Then I took a paper scrap cut to fit in the center of my tag and ripped the edges to give it a rough look. I inked it with Vintage Photo Distress Ink and bent up the edges.
*Note all paper used on this tag are by Graphic 45.




I added a little paper flower in the bottom corner and used a fun button shaped brad by Paper Studio from Hobby Lobby.




I decided to give my tag a more elegant look with some sparkle, so I took a jar of Heirloom Gold Perfect Pearls powder which can be found at Michaels and most other Scrapbook stores and sprinkled a little on the tag. Then I spread it across the paper with a brush. Then to set the powder I lightly spritzed the tag with water and dried it with a heat gun.




See how it shimmers? No glue was needed to spread the powder on.




I then added a small strip of paper to the tag and a photo corner.
Next, I took a piece of corrugated cardboard and cut a small rectangle to fit the tag.
I also took a white gel pen and add faux stitch lines around the edge of my paper.




I then added a ribbon bow at the top and pearl pin by Maya Road behind the flower.
To finish add the vintage image!




Tags like this are wonderful to give with gifts or as party favors.

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial today!

Wishing you happiness, Lindsey

29 comments:

busymartha said...

I love your tag, it's adorable! I really appreciate the pattern image also, it's not always easy to find good patterns, thanks girls, Marilyn

Christa said...

I love your tag and the vintage image ! I have saved it on my PC. Thank you. Love from Holland , Christa.

Cheryl said...

That is soo cute, thank you for sharing with us. I have been making bookmarks out of old patterns this week:)

Jenny's Place Online said...

Thank you! I have never tried cardmaking or scrapbooking, but with your help in this tutorial, I am now keen to try it. I will admit though, it is the gluing I'm not sure on. I'm off to mention your great tutorial on my blog. Happy crafting, Jenny :)

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

oh so sweet!!!! what a wonderful tutorial! this is so special! thank you!

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Youy know, there's somethiing about tags that I just love..they are little works of art and cna be so useful (bookmarks, give tags. page embelishments..) and this one is simply adorable! Thanks for suce a complete and beautiful tutorial..you guys are super !

Michele's Treasures, Teacups, and Tumbling Rose Cottage said...

Wow! This looks great. I am limited in my original thought with paper crafting so this was helpful. Thanks for some ideas. ; )
~Michele

Cindy said...

Thanks for the image and the tutorial! I love those little girls.

Kellyz Krafting Again said...

Love the use of layering in this tag - wow I am impressed and I just love the vintage look and picture you both used!

Yvonne said...

Thanks for sharing an adorable tag! I have some vintage pattern envelopes that I need to scan and use like that. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I loved this! When right onto one of my pin boards - of course - and I can't wait to make the time to give some of the techniques you mentioned here a try! You two are always so full of inspiration! Thanks for the tutorial today!
Joy!
Kathy

Lynn said...

The tag is beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing the vintage pattern images with us!
Have a wonderful week!
Hugs,
Lynn

Gail said...

Your tag is adorable and I love how you layered it!

Have a wonderful day,
Gail

Nyoka said...

I love it!! Never would have thought of lifting the little girl image from the pattern! Awesome! Thanks for sharing the image..
God bless!

Createology said...

Hi Lindsey: I loved your little tag the moment I saw it. Then I read your tutorial and I love it even more knowing how many layers and details you put into it. I also didn't know about "setting" my PP with a spritz of water. Brilliant and thank you so much for sharing your techniques. Wonderful Wednesday dear...

BucksCountyFolkArt said...

Thanks for the scrumptiousness!

Visits With Mary said...

Thanks so much for the tutorial and design image. I'm gonna give it a try!

Carly said...

Your tag is so cute! Thanks for the tutorial!
Carly

Barb said...

Absolutely adorable!! Reminds me of my best friend at age 3 or 4. We wore dresses very similar! Thanks for sharing!! Love it!

Mrs. Nancy G said...

Nothing simple about your tag. It's so cute and clever!
:-)

retrorevival.biz said...

OMG, your tage is SO SWEET! Thanks for the how-to:)

~Cindy

Red Rose Alley said...

I love your "red little girl" tag. So creative and cute. It looks like it would also be perfect on a Christmas package.
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

Betsy said...

I learned so much from this post! I have noticed that tag swaps etc. are popular and just didn't know where to start. My daugher buys vintage patterns like this, so we already have a stash to work from. Thanks for sharing!

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Hi Lindsey,
I think this is officially my favorite of all your tags. Beautiful!
Thanks for sharing the tutorial.
xoxo
Donna

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

How cute is that! Just darling! Thanks a bunch for the little girl image. She's adorable!
Huggies ~
Sharron♥

nationwide auto loan said...

I liked his little label at the moment I saw him. Then I read the tutorial and I love even more knowing the number of layers and details that you put into it. I did not know "adjust" my PP with a splash of water. Brilliant and thank you very much for sharing your techniques. Wednesday beautiful dear.

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

So creative and cute! I came over after seeing this on Pinterest. Thanks for the instructions. laurie

Unknown said...

Wow, I never thought to use my patterns as paperdolls...thanks for the tip. BTW found yall thru Pinterest...new follower!

Anonymous said...

Is this pattern for the tag tutorial still available? I do not see anywhere to download and print. thanks in advance.