Friday, July 8, 2011

My Creative Space: Canvas


Hello friends!
Today in My Creative Space I wanted to show you this altered canvas.


 


At Michaels, they sell a set of four 6 inch canvases. They are the deep canvases measuring 1 1/2 inches wide.




 
I wanted this to be really sweet with a sugar kissed feel to it, which is our signature style of read and pink that we use during Christmas.
The paper I used was Cosmo Cricket's Odds and Ends line.
The cute blue and cream polka dot pattern
is actually fabric from a charm pack by Moda.
The cute stamped Button card is from a stamp set by Papertrey Ink.





The cute pink chipboard doily behind the button card is from Martha Stewart's new line of craft products at Joann Fabrics. I then added the little white keyhole from Melissa Frances and small paper roses that I picked up on the clearance isle at Michaels.




I painted the sides cream and wrapped pink seam binding around the canvas and tied a bow in the upper right corner to finish it off.

This sweet canvas is available here in our etsy shop.

Have a wonderful Friday, Lindsey


15 comments:

busymartha said...

This is so sweet! I love the papers you used, vintage and definitely sugar kissed!

Theresa said...

Love it, sugar kissed sweet! Have a blessed day! HUGS!

Anonymous said...

Keep the ideas coming! Wonderful colors and arrangement of items to create keepsake treasures for a special someone!
Joy!
Miss Kathy

Rizzi said...

LINDSEY YOU DID IT AGAIN, WHAT A GREAT CARD, I LOVE IT. THE COLORS ARE GREAT.
YOU AND YOUR MOM HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND.
RIZZI

Anonymous said...

A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E.!!!
~victoria~

★Carol★ said...

It turned out just the way you wanted: really sweet!

Cindy said...

Very sweet! I love that Papertrey stamp set. I use it a lot.

Patty Marker said...

What a cute canvas! I love the idea and it would be a great way to use up scraps.

ShabbyESP said...

I love it!!! So pretty!!! Love the paper you used.
Enjoy your weekend!

Suzann ~xoxo~

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

VERY cute! I can see this in someone's sewing room!

Unknown said...

This is so you!!!!!! I look at those canvas at Michael's and think....what could I do with that? You have given all of us some gret ideas on how to use up our bits and pieces! Christmas gifts for sure! Sandy :)

Melinda said...

Very cute and girly.
The buttons are adorable.

Have a great weekend!

Melinda

Holly Loves Art said...

VERY adorable! Have a great weekend.
Cheers,
Holly

The Country Nest said...

Wow I love it. I would have never thought to use the canvas' in that way. Great paper and sugar kissed for sure.

Micupoftea said...

sweet colors, love the design!