Thursday, June 9, 2011

Born In The USA

Hello friends!
ATC's, or Artist Trading Cards are such an easy, fun and quick little project!
I created this fun Antique styled patriotic ATC last night.




When we discovered that our local Michael's and Hobby Lobby carried these great packs of ATC's in differing textures and weights, we were excited and inspired!
Below, starting on your left, is Chalkstock ATC'S which have a chalkboard coating. I thought it would be fun to try something different by playing with my chalk. You can find these in the scrapbooking department at Hobby Lobby. The Acrylic ATC's are very thick and make a great base whether you are using paint or paper. You can find them both at Hobby Lobby and Michael's in the art department.
You can also pick up a pack of 25 basic ATC cards for crafting, also in the scrapbooking section at Hobby Lobby.




We hope you will be inspired to try these cards and join in our ATC blog hop on Friday. July 1st.

Wishing you a beautiful day, Lindsey


12 comments:

Nan said...

Well how interesting this is. Not having these store within 250 miles of me I'm going to have to let you girls do this. Someday I may get up there to Michael's and look up some of this stuff that looks so fun.

Theresa said...

Oh I AM inspired AND I have a coupon... THANKS! Have a blessed day my friend, LOVE the card!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It looks like something fun to make! Thanks for sharing the supplies we need! ♥

Cindy said...

Like your patriotic ATC. I might give this a try.

Hearts Turned said...

I love this, Lindsey! Fabulous summer project--thanks for always sharing your wonderful ideas, my friend!

Julie

JaN's ArTy JouRneY said...

Thanks for your kind comments on my blog...Nice to meet you too :)
Just had a peek at your blog...Loving your crafty styles!
Jan x

BucksCountyFolkArt said...

You've been so busy lately!

Now I can't get Bruce Springsteen out of my head!

Alexandra MacVean said...

I really, really like this! Thanks for sharing your idea about the chalk. :) Happy Thursday!!

Rizzi said...

LOVE YOUR ATC CARD, I KEEP SAYING I AM GOING TO MAKE SOME, AND I KEEP PUTTING IT OFF. THANKS FOR ALL THE INFO......RIZZI

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Oh how pretty; well done!

self hypnosis secrets said...

Lovely piece of art! Very patriotic indeed.

Kat's Purrfect Boutique said...

I've been making ATC's and I thought it meant Altered Art Trading Cards. Too funny! I even blogged about a few of them. I have been linking them to a linky party too. opps! Well now I know better.

Want to see what I made? Go here:
http://katspurrfectboutique.blogspot.com/2011/04/april-atc-swap.html

Thanks, Katharine