Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Yo Yo Fun!


Hello friends!
Today I am sharing a few more yo yo tags.
 I love buying vintage reproduction fabric even though I have no sewing machine skills, so I started making yo yos.
They are super easy to make and I always knew that someday I would find a way to incorporate them into my paper crafting.
 Now I have!




I also love creating tags!
I use 3 x 6 tags or #8 size. 
They are fun little works of art!




I always start each tag by coloring the background with Distress Ink.
I then add stamps or patterned paper.

 


I recently purchased 3 stamp sets from My Mind's Eye,
 because they had great vintage designs. When I got home I was amazed!
 They are the best quality clear stamps I have ever used! And I have tried a lot! I always get a great clean image. They also aren't sticky, which I don't like with some of my others.



The 3 sets I bought are from My Mind's Eye's new Stella and Rose collection.
You can find one of the sets here on amazon. You should also be able to find or request them at your local scrapbook store.



These tags are all listed here in my etsy shop!

Wishing you all a lovely day, Lindsey

10 comments:

Suz said...

Those are great tags! Now I know what to do with that great fabric. I have some of those stamps, too, though I haven't tried them. Guess I need more!
Hugs,
Suz

HJ Labores said...

Son una verdadera obra de arte, me encantan para mis delantales asi que voy a visitar tu etsy haber que encuentro.
Mis felicitaciones
abrazos

Duendes said...

hi i visited your blog is very nice.I loved your creations.Come visit me at my blog ok.
big hugs
(terradeduendes.blogspot.com)

Hearts Turned said...

These are fabulous, Lindsey! I haven't remembered to use yo-yo's on my paper crafts for so long--thanks for the reminder and the inspiration!

LOVE all you do, sweet friend!

Hope your day is just lovely...

Julie

Anonymous said...

Again- I like the first tag best! Just a little de-ja-vu moment there! :)

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

I *LOVE* your Yo Yo tags!!

Unknown said...

Hi Lindsey! Love those tags. I am the vintage textile girl and with your inspiration..and Twyla too...I
have found I can mix my hand-embroidered fabic creations with your paper ideas. I love make placemats!

KatCollects said...

Such a cute idea. Wishing you both a creative Thursday.
Hugs,
Kathy

alexandra s.m. said...

These are so beautiful!!!
Very inspiring!

Thank you for becoming followers of art scrap & more ;-)

Greetings from the Windy City ~

Anne Fannie said...

These are beautiful!