Friday, April 26, 2013

My Obsession Afghan

 
Hello friends!
I wanted to share with you the afghan that
I finished last night.  It's one I've been working
on for several months.  In my spare time or in
between other projects I'd pick it up and add a
few rows.
 
 
Row upon row, color upon color it grew.
It grew and grew!  The thing is actually huge!
I think it would look good folded across the
foot of my bed.

 
I had such fun playing with the colors.  I would audition
colors and plan a few rows at a time and just when I
 thought I couldn't come up with another
colorway, I'd surprise myself!

 
It was a fun pattern that I learned about here.
 
I nicknamed it My Obsession afghan.
I feel a little sad that it's finished.  I'm sure some
of you other crocheters understand.
Feeling lost at finishing a piece that was so
enjoyable to work on. 
 
 
I am already gathering yarn from my stash to see
what I can make next!
 
Thanks for stopping by for a visit today.
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
Love, Twyla
 

Pin It

12 comments:

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

How lovely!! Love the pattern and colors! :) Happy weekend! xx Holly

Vicki @ dover and madden said...

Lovely work, it has such a vintage look about it. Vicki x

Country Maison (Eva) said...

It looks lovely ! Love how colorful it is.
xEva

Shirley said...

Good Morning Twyla, I love the colors and it is pretty. You don't see a lot made by that if they make them to sell at craft shows. It would be nice and warm to curl up under on a cold winter night. Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs and Prayers from Your Missouri Friend.

Theresa said...

Oh my goodness, it is gorgeous and I bet really warm:) Have a blessed day! HUGS!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It's really beautiful...bright and cheery! Don't laugh at my post this morning...I've been trying to crochet! heehee! Sweet hugs!

vintage grey said...

So beautiful!! Happy weekend to you! xo Heather

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

Oh it's lovely! believe me, I understand the mixed feelings at the end of a project! ♥

Karen Lakis said...

I love the way this came out - the colors are fantastic. I agree, I think it would be awesome on the foot of a bed. Have a great weekend!

Thistle Cove Farm said...

the binding sets the whole thing off to perfection!

Jori said...

Wowza!!! It is fabulous! You are super talented!

A Magical Whimsy said...

Your afghan is gorgeous! It looks so comfy cozy. It makes me want to post photos of one I made years ago for my Grandma who ended up taking it everywhere she went.
Have a great weekend!
hugs,
Teresa in California
http://amagicalwhimsy.blogspot.com/