Friday, August 5, 2011

My Creative Space: Cigar Box


Hello friends!
This week I altered a cigar box.
These are fun because I create a more distressed and art deco style. 


 


 
For this one, I used Circa 1934 paper by Cosmo Cricket. This has been one of my favorite paper lines and I am excited that Moda will release it in fabric this Fall.





 
The 2 vintage ladies on top are from the Domestic Goddess paper line by Graphic 45.
I pulled out lots of Tim Holtz goodies to add to this box and one of my favorite items is the film roll ribbon. It's so cool! I was lucky enough to run across a pile of old metal clock hands at an antique store recently and added that to the bottom corner.

 A good way to use up leftover paper scraps is to cut them into 1" squares and piece them together. I love how it looked as the background on the cover and around the sides.




 
Wishing you a lovely Friday, Lindsey


10 comments:

ImagiMeri said...

Hello Ladies,

Very cool, indeed, Lindsey! I don't know about you, but I wait with baited breath every time Graphic 45 comes out with a new line.....they are amazing. I've shared a couple of altered pieces I made on their gallery last year and was considered to be a guest designer, but then never heard from them again.

You ladies have a wonderful weekend.

Hugs,
Meri

Theresa said...

GORGEOUS creation! Love the use of the squares! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

Hearts Turned said...

What a gorgeous cigar box creations, Lindsey--beautiful in every detail!

I SO love those lines, too...and fabric coming, too??? Be still, my heart!

Wishing you both a very lovely weekend!

Julie

ShabbyESP said...

How great you shared this!!! I just bought a cigar box over the weekend and want to alter it. I like yours!!
Enjoy your weekend!!
Suzann ~xoxo~

Cindy said...

Very nice! I have several cigar boxes. Have to get them out. Thanks for the info about the fabric. Have they done any other lines in fabric?
Anyway, can't wait to see it.

Anonymous said...

Terrific job! I love the vintage look - the Art Deco - so great how you used your 1" squares - so many ideas! Just need to make time to use them!
Joy!
Kathy

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

CONGRAT'S on getting your pretty card published!
Altering cigar boxes is so much fun! Your's turned out great!
Warmly,
deb :)

Createology said...

Your cigar box is art deco fabulous. Fabric line? Yay! Love the small squares of paper pieced together. Sunshine Summer Smiles...

BucksCountyFolkArt said...

SCRUMPSH!!!

Fran. said...

Oh I love this box!! XO Fran.