Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Twyla on Tuesday

Hello dear friends.
I have been thinking of all the victims of the
recent tornado outbreak in the southern United States.
Here in Missouri we have had much flooding and people
loosing their homes.
My thoughts and prayers go out to all of you who
are dealing with loss from these situations.




I have heard recently that what I always knew
was true, that knitting and crocheting was great
for your health!  During times of stress in my own life, I have
reached for my knitting needles and the rhythmic
movements of the needles and the soothing feel of the
yarn slipping through my fingers have transported me
beyond the trouble.
It can lower your blood pressure and improve your
memory, too!




I recently heard a saying that has stuck in my mind.
'Nice is the new black'
Isn't that great?!  I love it!  I'm not sure
who said it first, but it sure is a great thought. 

It is my wish for everyone to have a
week full of happy days!
Twyla

10 comments:

Nan said...

Thanks Twyla for the comments. I sooth myself cutting out small things for cards. I need to reestablish my crocheting skills. I want to make little buttons loops like my Mom used to do, shouldn't be that hard. Nan

bikim said...

those news are just terrible! i love to craft too!
thanks for following my blog, i'm doing the same with yours!
happy week,
Rosa

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

I've finally come to the end of sorting my flat out which now means I can start relaxing with some knitting!

Victoria xx

Theresa said...

I have been thinking about and praying for all of the victims of the tornadoes and floods! I pray that God will give them strength to carry on and rebuild!

Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

Cindy said...

Everyone needs a hobby to get them back to a better place. We don't have trouble finding one, do we?

Hearts Turned said...

So many things going on in the world right now, aren't there? So much and so many to remember in our prayers...

Creating things really does help keep us "calm and carry on", as the saying goes...so important these days!

I just love that vintage image, Twyla...would love to use that one sometime, if you don't mind! So calming and lovely...

Wishing you a beautiful day, dear friend...

Julie

Anonymous said...

Good morning, Twyla! I'm so glad you have your stress relievers! No bad side effects either! ♥

ImagiMeri said...

Hi Ladies,

Twyla, thank you for the sweet thoughts, and I send them back to you.

God Bless,
Meri

Rizzi said...

VERY NICE BLOG, AND YES THERE IS SO MUCH GOING ON IN THE WORLD TODAY. I LOVE CROCHETING, AND IT DOES RELAX ME, AND I ALSO HEARD IT HELPS LOWER YOUR BLOOD PRESSURE, AS PETTING ANIMALS. HAVE A LOVELY DAY. RIZZI

kathy2eggs said...

Twyla, your vintage image is just precious and I want to get your permission to use it on a card or two...It's soo lovely!!
I know we all need our stress relievers, and sometimes just reading one's blog helps. I just love all your tips.
Keep up the good work!!