Friday, May 20, 2011

My Creative Space: 5 and Dime

Hello friends!
Lately Mom and I have been in the art and paint section at our craft stores. Exploring different mediums to play with.
My latest fun find is these little mini canvas that comes with it's own easel.





For my canvas, I first painted around the edges in a soft pink and then covered it with paper and embellishments. One of my favorite new embellishments right now are these star shaped stick pins. They are by Maya Road and come in a  set of both white and yellow stars.





For both my canvas and my next project that I want to share with you, I created using October Afternoon's 5 and Dime line. I am in love with this paper!
So pretty!
This layout I created using childhood photos of Mom.



Wasn't she a cutie?

Wishing you a happy day, Lindsey


6 comments:

Hearts Turned said...

Such wonderful projects, Lindsey! That new line is so vintagely sweet! And I LOVE that layout of your Mom--what a cutie patootie!

Hope you both have a fabulous weekend!

Julie

Unknown said...

Lindsey, you always amaze me with your paper art! I love every single thing you make. Thanks for the into to OA paper line. Swoon! Wishing you a wonderful weekend! E

Melinda said...

Love the little canvases and the
easels. I would guess these would be with the other easels at the store?

Melinda

Anita at Cedar Hill said...

What an adorable project. Thanks so much for the follow on my blog. I will enjoy finding more projects here and I love that you are a mother/daughter team. My 15-year old daughter says she wants a blog, but doesn't know what she would write about. How fun that you are doing this together. I just became your follower!!

Anonymous said...

Oh fun and cute! *I* want a canvass and an easel, toooo! :)

Love those papers and of course love you and your cutie pie mom! ♥

yael yaniv said...

i really loved your layout and the canvas is so cute