Sunday, December 19, 2010

Sugar Kissed Wall Hanging Tutorial

Hello friends!
Today I am sharing a quick and easy tutorial for a Christmas wall hanging
using this cute Santa card.



Here is a look at the finished wall hanging.


 


Start with a sheet of chipboard cut to measure 7 x 8 1/2 .




Cover it with scrapbook paper. I used paper from the Very Merry line by October Afternoon.
I then inked around the edges with Vintage photo Distress ink and a a blending tool to give the edges a soft, vintage look.


 


I then took a sheet of paper from the Modern Homemaker line by October Afternoon and cut the top and bottom edges using Tim Holtz edger die. I then inked the edges with Barn Door Distress Ink.

 



I glued that piece to the center of the hanging. I took a piece of vintage sheet music and added pink crepe paper along the top and bottom of the music sheet. I then glued that piece to the center of the hanging.
I added a strip of pink scrapbook paper also by OA, and then cut out the Santa image and glue it to the center of the hanging. I added gold glitter to accent the Santa and silver glitter along the edges of the crepe paper.




I used a Martha Stewart border punch to punch a decorative border along a piece of red cardstock and glue to the bottom of the wall hanging. I then added 3 chipboard ornaments by Cosmo Cricket along the bottom. You could hand draw ornaments or print them off the computer to achieve this same look.
Punch 2 small holes at the top corners and tie ribbon to create your hanger.

 



A simple yet fun project to do as Christmas is fast approaching!

I wish you all a lovely Sunday, Lindsey

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Just as cute as always Lindsey! What you make so simply would take me forever. Things just pop in your head and it seems everyone is just as special as the one before.

Merry Christmas Sweetie...Tracy :)

GardenOfDaisies said...

Everything you gals touch turns to pure gold!! Or maybe I should say pure sugar! ;-) Super cute Santa! Wanted to stop by and wish you both a very Merry Christmas!!!!

Nan said...

This is so cute. I made your other tag tutorial below with the little girl at the mantle, it's on my blog. thanks.

Sarita Boyette said...

This is so cute - I love old fashioned Santa images!

Theresa said...

Love it dear Lindsey! Thanks for sharing this "how to" with me! HUGS!

Anonymous said...

A merry Christmas to both of you!!
Hugs, Diane

Lisa & Alfie said...

Happiest of the holiday season Twyla and Lindsey. Hope this is the most special one yet. And Twyla, thanks for hanging in there and your visits. Alfie and I think of you often even if we are putting thoughts to keyboard.
xoxo
Lisa & ALfie

Hearts Turned said...

Each and every project is so adorable, Lindsey! Your ideas are wonderful and your tutorials so simple to follow and fun to read through!

Thanks for all you share--dear friend!

I hope you have a wonderful and restful Sunday, and that you are both having a fabulous Christmas week with your family!

Julie

Sem Nome said...

What a lovely work, Lidsey! Bright and soft and cute!! I love it!! Kisses!! Bela

Unknown said...

Absolutely wonderful Lindsey! I am going to have to try this one! Elizabeth

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

I'm so enjoying this Sugar Kissed Christmas ideas. You two are the best!
Merry Christmas.
Warmly,
deb :)

Elyse said...

super sweet!

xo
elyse

Pieceful Bits said...

How darling!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS
(~~)
Julie

Beedeebabee said...

How adorable Lindsey! I'd love to make one of these! xo Paulette