Monday, December 13, 2010

Sugar Kissed Ribbon Tutorial

Hello friends!
Today I wanted to share with you this cool idea for making your own stamped ribbon!

\


For this I am using Tea Dyed Muslin, which can be found at any craft store or your local Wal Mart.
A stamp of your choice, this Christmas swirl stamp was purchased at Michaels.
The ink pad you choose is the most important item for achieving a good clean image on your fabric.
I am using Archival Ink by Ranger Ink. It is a waterproof, fade resistant, non smear ink. The color I chose is a dark brown called Coffee. Another ink I would recommend is Staz On Ink.



Start by stamping your image along the fabric.





After you have stamped your image as long as you want your strip to be, take a ruler and pencil to mark along the ribbon so you will have a guide to cut on.



Cut along the line to create your own ribbon!
I did try tearing the muslin, but had unsatisfactory results.





Now you can use your fabric ribbon to dress up presents, candles, bottles, and more!
Here I have wrapped the ribbon around a present.




For the wrapping paper I am using Kraft paper that can be found
 in the packing/shipping department at Wal Mart.
You can add extras to make your presents festive and personalized!




The possibilities are endless for making you own ribbon!
I hope you give this a try!

You can still enter in our Sugar Kissed Giveaway
We will announce the winner Tomorrow!

Wishing you fun, Lindsey

12 comments:

Hearts Turned said...

Another wonderful tutorial, sweet friend! Love the vintage look of it all--just perfect!

Hope you're both having a warm & cozy night!

Julie

Cindy Adkins said...

Your blog is awesome!!!
XO

PinkGranny said...

I like this technique. I have a lot of muslin so I am going to give this a try! Thanks again for sharing your talent.

Linens Lace and Lattes said...

vintage cuteness!
deb
linens lace and lattes

Marta said...

Just gorgeous !!!
Besos ;O)
Marta

Jane said...

I love this - and all your ideas/tutorials! It's funny, but I just did almost the same thing last week except I tore my strips before stamping them. It did take some time to pull off all the loose strings. Lots of possibilities here - I'm thinking of trying some with green ink.
Thanks for sharing so many great ideas!
Jane - Jacksonville

Unknown said...

What a cute idea! I absolutely love your blog and all of your tutorials. Thanks for the inspiration.

Anonymous said...

Oh how fun! What a unique idea you crafty girl, you!

Ha-ha! my word verification is "nostril" :) ♥

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

This is so pretty. I don't know why I can't think up this stuff; but I'm glad you share!

Rita A. said...

What a beautiful idea. Isn't it amazing what our creative souls can come up with?

Dogwood said...

I LOVE the muslim stamped ribbon! Not only am I going to make some for Christmas but also all other holidays and birthdays! Thanks!

Mona @ la la by mona said...

What a beautiful and thoughtful way to embellish a gift! Thanks for sharing!

Have you checked out the fun felt pattern giveaway here? http://lalabymona.blogspot.com/2010/12/i-felt-like-having-giveaway.html