Friday, March 22, 2013

In Search of Spring

 
Hello friends!
 
I have spring fever - bad!  Our weather
has been very slow warming up, in fact, we have
over 2" of snow on the ground today!
Tuesday we decided to go where the temps were
warmer and we could feel a little spring!
 
 
                                                               
A 2 hour drive south of us is War Eagle Mill.
I have been wanting to visit here for years, but
just had never made it.  They have a huge craft
fair here every year and sometime I'd love to
go to that!

                                                                   


The history of the mill and the beauty of the area make it a
popular destination.  I was surprised there were as many
visitors there the day we were.  Maybe they were in
search of some spring, too!


 
 
On the top floor of the mill they have a restaurant.
We had ham and beans, corn bread and cole slaw for lunch.
They have a store also where you can buy their ground
flours and mixes.  We bought the biscuit mix and
have loved it!



 
After lunch we walked around the grounds and took
many pictures.  This place is going to be gorgeous
in the spring and I look forward to going back then!

 
We enjoyed our visit here and it was just what we
were looking for!

 
 
 I hope you enjoyed going on my little adventure with me!
Wishing you all a wonderful weekend!
Love,  Twyla
 

Pin It

10 comments:

Theresa said...

What a beautiful trip:) I enjoyed it right along with you! GORGEOUS pictures! Have a blessed day, HUGS!

Shannon said...

What beautiful photos. Thank you for sharing. I love places like that and I am so ready for spring.

Shirley said...

Good Morning, Aren't those the fun type of trips? I agree it will be beautiful in the Spring. So far you have been the one with the snow. It has missed us, but I don't think that we are going to continue to be lucky. Have a wonderful day and thanks for sharing. Hugs and Prayers from your NW Missouri Friend.

vintage grey said...

So beautiful and neat!! Thanks for sharing and hope it warms up soon for you! Happy weekend! xo Heather

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

It does look like a lovely, peaceful place to visit. Have a wonderful weekend. Tammy

Gina Gao said...

These are such pretty pictures! I would love to go there.

www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

Crafty Crusader said...

I've been following your blog for a couple months now...just LOVE IT!! And when you posted this recent entry I was so happy to see the Old War Eagle Mill!! We lived in Reeds Spring/Branson West for 8 years (10 yrs ago) and one of my FAVORITE adventures while living in the Ozarks was to make the 2hr. drive to the War Eagle Craft Fairs!! (I wonder if you live near our old stomping grounds?!!) Anywhoo, you MUST make the drive & go...it is totally worth the drive!! :)

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Another great outing!
Looks like a very pretty area.
Happy Weekend.
Warmly,
deb

Karen Lakis said...

I'd love to go find Spring, also - because I think it's going to be a while before it comes here. This looks like a fun place to visit - and yes - definitely go to the craft fair! Your photos are really great!

GardenOfDaisies said...

That sounds like the kind of place I would love to visit. I really think I'm living in the wrong city... I need to move south! :-)