Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Sugar Kissed Altered Sled


Hello friends!
I recently picked up this fun little wooden sled at the thrift store to alter.


This little sled was a steal at only .99 cents!


I painted it white and started cutting my embellishments.


I am using October Afternoon's new Holiday Style paper line for this project.
I loved the pink and red patterns throughout this line.


Vintage sheet music and paper doilies are some of my favorite supplies that go with everything!


I cut these pieces out of scrapbook paper and inked the edges with Vintage Photo Distress ink.


I started layering my paper pieces.


I added red glitter glue around the edge of the sheet music to make it really pop!


I then finished layering my paper pieces. Adding the sweet retro Merry Christmas piece from Cosmo Cricket's Mr. Claus paper line.


I then dyed seam binding with Spun Sugar Distress Ink and tied a bow to the piece.


I then added a little paper rose to the center of the bow and a pearl stick pin through the bow.


I then glued my piece to the center of the sled and took red and white bakers twine to create a hanger for the sled.


I hope you enjoyed seeing how I altered this sled and try altering things that you find!

Day 6 of Tim Holtz tags. Here is my take!


Have a lovely day, Lindsey


11 comments:

busymartha said...

ooh, your sled is darling! I love the paper lines Twyla!

D. Jean Quarles said...

That turned out great! Very cute.

Cheryl said...

That is tooo cute, your imagination blows me away!!
Hugs
Cxxx

Anonymous said...

What a great alteration! You are the layering princess, Miss Lindsey! ♥

Anonymous said...

Perfectly delightful! How I've missed regularly stopping by - my school schedule affords me little blog reading time. I tend to just be posting only twice a week now - I really need to get my creative life back! Had to sneak a peek here, though - and loving all the fun stuff you're pinning on Pinterest, too! Thinking of all the fun in your studio and wishing I was there . . .
Joy!
Kathy

Monica said...

Cute, cute, cute :)

Theresa said...

I love what you did with that simple little sleigh:) It is sooooo cute! Enjoy your day my friend, HUGS and thanks for sharing your talents! You inspire me to try new things!

Laurie said...

It is absolutely darling!

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

received my slippers and they are even cuter(if that's even possible) than the photos! Thank you so very mcuh..they are perfect (fit and color) and are my "go-to" shoes for the Christmas season. LOVE them!

XXOO

Nan said...

Very cute idea with the sled.

Jason Tam said...

I love what you did with that simple little sleigh:) It is sooooo cute! Enjoy your day my friend, HUGS and thanks for sharing your talents! You inspire me to try new things!