Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Twyla on Tuesday

Hello friends!
One of the things so great about the fall is
the craft festivals around the small towns.




This was one such beautiful weekend to attend one!  The pretty white
house above was full of hand made quilts.  I entered a raffle to win one!





Ever since we discovered the quaint little town of
Arrow Rock, Missouri we have been smitten!
The beautiful old homes built in the 1800's still so
well taken care of.  The whole town is neat as a pin!




There were many craft booths set up along the Main street.
We saw lace making, spinning and rug hooking just to name
a few.




The town of Arrow Rock is historic in that it was along
the Missouri river and part of the Lewis and Clark expedition
and the Santa Fe trail.
It also boasts the oldest tavern west of the Mississippi
built in 1834.




The antique shops were decked out for the holidays.




We got to tour this house!
Originally built in 1838, the second floor was added
in 1875 making it more Victorian in appearance.
The lady of the house used to hand out milk and cookies to
the neighborhood children.




We visit here often just because we love the peaceful
atmosphere, but this was definitely a fun day bustling with
activity!  Normally the streets are not this crowded.  Notice the
rock ditches.



I'd like to remind you all that we are hosting a
Halloween themed ATC blog hop this Friday, the 14th.
We hope you'll be inspired to make one or more and
link up Friday!
Thanks for visiting!
Love, Twyla


14 comments:

By Way of Salem said...

Great pictures and I love all the cute little houses. Wish we had craft shows like that up here in WA! Great post girls! Jeannine

Cheryl said...

What a quaint little town, reminds me of Summerville in South Carolina - lovley. I can think of nothing better than spending an afternoon like that!

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

what a charming and lovely town! the pictures are oh so enticing! wish it was a drive away but alas i am in new jersey so i will just have to imagine and marvel through your gorgeous pictures -- thanks so much for sharing! hugs...

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of my town ....
Have a Great Day!
Marilyn

Happy@Home said...

I enjoyed visiting Arrow Rock with you :). It looks so quaint and lovely. The craft fair and house tour were a real bonus. So cute about the lady handing out milk and cookies.

Cindy said...

This looks like just the type of town we love to visit and shop. Thanks for the tour.

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Oh I love all those homes! I used to dream that I had a white house with green shutters when I was a kid and that first house is perfect! Love small town craft fairs, and the friendly folks one can meet - glad you had a good time :-)

GardenOfDaisies said...

Oh Twyla, what a lovely little town! I'm heading to my map to look it up right now.

Anonymous said...

Happy Tuesday, dear Twyla!

As much as I hate it if I have to LIVE in town, I do admire quaint neighborhoods with the old and charming homes.

We have a craft fair here in town next week. Hopefully I will be brave enough to go!

Bobby came home this morning! He'll be here for a week and then he and Micah will leave again for 11 days. I am soooo ready for my vacation!

Come say hi for Dotty Hop Day! ♥

ImagiMeri said...

Hi Ladies,

You are most definitely blessed with your surroundings......wow. I would so be in my element out there.

Love ya'
Meri

Melinda said...

Arrow Rock is one of my favorite places to visit. It is a quaint place to visit. Haven't been in a while, need to go back.

Melinda

Simply Shelley said...

I would love visiting there....I love old historical towns and the houses are very wonderful...blessings to you girls.

Hearts Turned said...

What a beautiful place, ladies! So lucky you are to be able to go there often...

Wishing you the most wonderful evening, my friends!

Julie

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Such a beautiful setting for an Autumn day. I wish I could have been there to enjoy it with you, Twyla!
xoxo
Donna