Sunday, January 31, 2010

Vintage Valentine Paper Bag Album Part 5

Hello Friends. I hope you have all been having a good weekend.
Today I am sharing the last installment of my Vintage Valentine paper bag album.



To start page 9, cut a sheet of patterned paper 5 ½ x 6.



Cut another sheet of paper 5 x 5 ½. This will be your photo mat. Cut a 1 x 6 inch strip. Print and cut Valentine.


I then added photo corners to my mat using Martha Stewart’s photo corner punch. Glue the mat slightly tilted in the center of your page. Take the strip and add glue just to the top and bottom edges of the strip and glue down to your page a quarter of an inch from the left. Add ink around the edges of the page.


For page 10, start by cutting a sheet of paper 5 ½ x 6.


Cut a strip of paper ½ x 6 and another strip 2 inches. Cut along one of the edges on the 2 inch strip using an edge punch or pinking shears.


Cut a sheet of patterned paper 4 x 5 to create a mat.


Print and cut Valentine.


Glue the mat to the center of your page. Then glue the 2 inch strip to the right edge just along the edges to create a pocket and then glue the ½ x 6 strip on top of that. Then glue the Valentine on to the pocket so that you can still slip a photo in behind the Valentine.


For the back cover, cut a sheet of paper 5 ½ x 6. Ink the edges.



I then cut this piece from a sheet of paper but you could use another Valentine or write the date you made the book. I then added a photo corner in the upper left corner and Prima adhesive pearls in the bottom right corner.


Now I will show you how I laced up the edge of the book. Now the nice thing about these books is that they have already been stitched so that you are not lacing the book to hold it together but merely for decoration. This allows you to get as creative as you want with this. You could use book rings or you could use strips of fabric or tuile.
Here is how is I usually tie mine.


I start with one yard of ribbon so that I will have a big bow. Pull your ribbon through the bottom hole half way.


Then take the piece in the front and wrap it around to the back and pull up through the second hole.



Continue to do this all the way up.


Now turn the book over and repeat on the other side.


Now tie a big bow at the top with the remaining ends.


Now to add a little more detail I cut small strips of ribbon and pull through the holes and tie knots.


I hope you have enjoyed these tutorials! I enjoyed sharing them with you. This week I will share with you a finnished look at the book!
Have a great Sunday, Lindsey

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lindsey, this is a beautiful work of art, a lovely configuration of imagination and talent. I really enjoyed seeing you put the paper bag scrapbook together.
Blessings, Sarita

Nan said...

I just love the way you tied this altogether with the ribbons, it's stunning...very nice work and I love to see all the things you come up to make.

kimmie said...

Thank you so much for this editorial. I can't wait to get to the USA this summer to get some much needed supplies to make some of these books. I love getting new ideas!

Have a lovely zondag (sunday)

Anonymous said...

Good morning, Lindsey! Oh boy! Another angel! My first thought at the end of the tutorial was,"I want to see the whole thing again!" So I'm glad you're going to show it again.

Those adhesive pearl thingies are cool and I love the way you tied up the binding.

I'm still making valentines over here and will show more soon. Thanks for all the inspiration of you! ♥

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Lindsey:
I have enjoyed every installment of your Valentine album tutorial. Thanks for sharing your talent!
xoxo
Donna

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love the ribbon on the side of the book! And yes...I am really enjoying your tutorials! Thank you! ♥

Unknown said...

Hi Lindsey,
You must be in your element with all the creativity flowing from you. That is how I felt writing Queens in Training. Please give this note to your mom...
Dear Queen Twyla,
I see that you have earned your degree in Queens in Training class. I crown you Queen of Hearts.
`The girl with the curl`

Manu Demonti... said...

Dear Lindsey!! I really love the book...So so cute!!
Thank u so much...
Greetings from Brazil!!
MAnu

Julie Ranae said...

FaBuLoUs job on the entire project!

Wendy McDonagh-Valentine said...

This is absolutely wonderful!! Thanks for sharing it with us!! I also wanted to say thank you for your kind words on my blog. That was so very sweet of you!! Enjoy the rest of your weekend. :)

~ Wendy
http://Crickleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

Cora said...

Beautiful work of art...can't wait to see it as a whole!

Jenny said...

What do you print your valentine's on?? Cardstock or what??

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I mentioned you on my blog today! ♥

LiLi M. said...

I cannot wait to make this album, it looks sooo cute! thanks for the clever tutorial, you did such a great job! Hope you are enjoying your Sunday now!

Brenda Pruitt said...

I can't believe you're not a consultant or designer for a card or scrapbook company. You're sooo good at this!
Brenda

Valarie said...

This is so darn cute. I can't wait to make it. You won my giveaway. Send me your address so I can mail it to you.
wauvie@msn.com
xxoo Valarie

Hearts Turned said...

You always do such a beautiful job, Lindsey! Love this beautiful project!

Kelly said...

What a lovely gift for a valentine!!!!!!

Linda Gilliam said...

Great job Lindsey and THANK YOU so much for all the beautiful vintage Valentine graphics!
You're such an inspiration!

Lorlore said...

Adorable book!! I really enjoyed these tutorials!!! Thanks!!

The Chateau of Remnants said...

OMG.. Love the book! Thanks for sharing :)

{toddles}
Renee

Anonymous said...

Thankyou so much for sharing your beautiful book/tutorial...love it !!! I'm a big fan of paperbag albums. I have always wondered how you put the ribbon on..looks so lovely. Love all the vintage images. Will definitely be using your tutorial!!!